CASE STUDY: Boomerang introduces Paddington to a new generation
Provided by Turner Media Innovations
Boomerang promotes the release of the new Paddington movie through TV sponsorship and webdrive campaign
What was the Challenge / Background of the Campaign?
From the producer of Harry Potter, Paddington the movie was hitting the big screen. The challenge of this campaign was to introduce Paddington to a whole new generation of kids who had never come across the bear before. Turner Media Innovations developed a TV and online campaign with Boomerang to promote the release of the film in the cinema.
What was the Campaign Objective?
- Introduce Paddington to a whole new generation of kids who have never come across the lovable bear before
- Ignite nostalgia and stir up interest in parents
- Make Paddington the must-see movie of the Christmas holiday period
- Create an engaging multi-platform promotion to showcase the magical world and much-loved characters
- Maximise engagement with Paddington with an online destination and game
What was the Solution?
Turner Media Innovations created a TV sponsorship campaign on Boomerang to showcase the new Paddington movie and to drive viewers to an online microsite where they could play a Paddington game and enter a competition. The TV campaign consisted of 2 x 10" Sponsorship Idents, 3 x 10" teaser spots and 1 x 30" webdrive spot. Online advertising on the Boomerang website directed visitors to the Paddington microsite.
What were the Results?
Online microsite delivered over 4,000 competition entries, over 5,000 visits, over 17,000 page views and over 4,000 unique visitors.
What were the Key Learnings of this Campaign?
Boomerang was the perfect hit for showcasing Paddington, the channel is the home of 'timeless' cartoons that are loved by the whole family. Boomerang provided an environment where kids and parents can watch, giggle and enjoy together, which was ideal for promoting the movie.