RESEARCH: Solving digital video's premium dilemma
Provided by Teads
Video budgets are set to increase and outstream offers the solution for premium concerns according to Forrester Consulting.
What was the Challenge / Background of the Campaign?
Digital video advertising offers great opportunities for advertisers, agencies and media companies. However there are challenges being faced and it lies with both the buy- and sell-side firms to determine the future success of this advertising format.
In January 2015, Teads commissioned Forrester Consulting to evaluate how advertisers, agencies and publishers are adapting to new trends in video advertising.
What was the Campaign Objective?
The research aimed to look at the attitudes that decision-makers at advertisers, agencies and media companies have towards digital video. It was then supplemented with an additional 6 qualitative interviews. The study evaluated the current state, benefits of, and challenges and solutions to online video advertising.
What were the Results?
- Digital video advertising is primed for growth with 70% of agencies and 77% of advertisers expect budgets to increase in the next two years. Those surveyed are bullish on digital video advertising's future.
- Buyers need more video inventory, as 37% of media companies say they don't have enough.
- Definitions of premium differ from buy- to sell-side.
- Outstream makes it easier for media companies to offer video inventory, as 66% of media companies believe that outstream allows additional premium inventory for video ad content.
Download the report from Teads' website.
What were the Key Learnings of this Campaign?
- All participants expect digital video spend to increase in the next two years.
- Lack of premium inventory and disagreements about the definition is holding back videos growth.
- Outstream advertising offers a solution. Both buy and sell side noted that video ads that appear within editorial content are advantageous. Media companies told us that outstream allows them to offer more premium video inventory and drive a solid ROI. Buy-side said outstream helps alleviate viewability concerns, allows them to buy programmatically and delivers a positive user experience.