CASE STUDY: eBay's retargeting trebles SanDisk's sales
Provided by eBay
Sales trebled by only targeting shoppers in-market for the product category or recent purchasers of complementary products
What was the Challenge / Background of the Campaign?
Rather than deliver a price led message, SanDisk wished to hit a large reach of truly relevant consumers with a campaign extolling the virtues of their superior memory products and how SanDisk products can help technology perform even better.
What was the Campaign Objective?
• Illustrate a large reach of the target audience
• Describe an engaging branding campaign within a retail environment
• Leverage 'switcher' retargeting behaviour
• Prove a positive shifting of the business
• Illustrate effective targeting which results in positive consumer behaviours and perceptions against SanDisk's competitor set
What was the Solution?
Deliver a rapid, high intensity retargeting campaign on a select group of individuals who have been identified as exhibiting both long term and short term shopping behaviours which would make them a target for SanDisk products.
Behaviours include bidding, buying and searching for products such as mobile phones, tablets, laptops and digital cameras which accept SanDisk memory products as well of course as shopping behaviours and keyword searches for the memory products themselves
What were the Results?
• SanDisk surpassed its competitors significantly in all perceptions measured, with 'high performance' and 'reliability' rated the highest
• The campaign significantly shifted awareness that SanDisk products 'optimise the performance of your devices' (more than doubled from 12% to 26%)
• Exposure to the ad resulted in an 18 percentage point increase in unprompted awareness for SanDisk (up from 21% to 39%)
• Recollection of the SanDisk brand on eBay rose 12 percentage points to 41% for those exposed to the campaign and rose to 55% for those who engaged with the creative
What were the Key Learnings of this Campaign?
Campaign drove a large number of massively relevant shoppers to SanDisk.
• Sales rose 178% for the chosen five resellers
• Average position of SanDisk retailers moved from 12 to 4
• 27% conversion rate from the brand page
Check out similar case studies at: www2.ebayadvertising.com/uk/case-studies