Mobile advertising opportunities on eBay
Provided by eBay
eBay.co.uk is launching mobile advertising opportunities for brands across mobile web and the eBay app from November 2014
Tell us about the Opportunity / What is it?
Native Ad Placement running solely on the eBay homepage to guarantee 100% share of voice.
3 main opportunities:
(1) Combined mobile + desktop homepage takeover (for audience extension): Target all daily visitors to eBay regardless of devices by running a Desktop and Mobile HPTO. (2) Mobile homepage takeover: Deliver your message to every UK eBay user on the homepage for 24 hrs. Your brand is guaranteed to be delivered to 100% of eBay app users. (3) Targeted mobile homepage domination: Segment the eBay audience by demograph or shopping behaviours. Ideal for partnerships
What is the Marketing Objective?
• True audience extension
• Reach of shoppers in-market for your product
• Partnership opportunities with #1 retail app
• Sales channel (50% of ebay.co.uk sales are 'touched' by mobile)
How does it work?
Native ad placement, so eBay will build and host your ad creative on your behalf and guarantee its delivery across all resolutions for all devices (iOS, Android as well as mobile web)
Ads can click off eBay to an approved mobile optimised page or to an eBay brand page (also mobile optimised)
Allow 3 weeks for creative sign off, build and testing
Who's used it in the past?
***Media first opportunity***
This is a brand new opportunity for advertisers, with the first mobile campaign running in November 2014
Features / Benefits
• eBay users that shop on both mobile AND desktop spend 4x more than desktop users alone
• Users of eBay mobile visit the site 4 times/day on average (vs twice/day for desktop)
• eBay is the #1 retail app and neck and neck with Amazon for #1 retail site in the UK
• Over 50% of eBay purchases are now 'touched by mobile'
• 40% of new eBay users in 2013 came to the site via mobile
• Mobile: 2.5m users, 12m impressions