The challenges presented by the hot topics above mean that, even if young adults can be reached, they are more difficult to truly engage.
- Your audience could be in any environment – at home, or on the move…
- Using a variety of devices …
- With varying levels of engagement due to multi screening.
What binds platforms together, however, is great content.
This is the key to reaching and engaging young adults effectively.
1. You can buy coverage and frequency easily online using display space – but make sure you stand out, without interrupting the user’s experience.
- Users aren't visiting content rich sites to see the ads!
- Interruptive ads (such as pop-ups and overlays) are some of the most disliked formats among youth audiences. While they may achieve (potentially) higher click rates compared to standard ad sizes, the downside to brand consideration can be massive.
- Large formats that don’t interrupt are far more useful - such as the film ‘Billboard’ ad below. These are proven to generate over 16% more awareness than standard ads, according to the IAB’s “Rising Stars” study.
- Mobile display space is yet to make it’s case for branding without using interruptive formats.
2. Or you can buy engagement through branded content.
With limited space - and attention - to play with, it’s a hard task for any creative tasked with bringing display ads to life. And it’s a conundrum that isn't easily solved.
In fact, the shift to content marketing is indicative of the fact that advertisers looking to secure more minutes of consideration with potential customers have to look outside of display to meet their objectives.
To succeed at this, you need to be more entertaining than the incredible amount of content already being produced
Business intelligence experts Domo have shown that every minute there are over 48 hours of video uploaded to YouTube, 648,000 Facebook shares, 100,000 tweets; 47,000 iOS App downloads.
In our experience, the best & most cost effective results can often be achieved by partnering with a relevant media owner who not only understands the audience, but also what content they really want to consume.
We’ve delivered campaigns that have achieved 300%+ more effectiveness for advertisers than if they had produced the branded content themselves and promoted it separately, thanks to the built in audiences media-owners offer who are waiting to read & watch welcome content.
Examples of branded content
Some of our case studies can be viewed at this link: