- Creating experiences for people with specific needs, in the moment
Savvy brands will deliver hyper-relevant experiences by leveraging data to (1) understand & (2) cater to people with pressing needs:
- Provide people exactly what they need, when they need it
- Contextually relevant personal communications with clear value (for example a location-based offer at the right time)
Use predictive analytics to personalise advertisements
- Extract information from customer data and use it to predict needs (for example through CRM integration)
- Leverage data to deliver custom experiences
2. Engaging searchers based on context, as they move beyond simple search language
“Search marketing” now includes social, video, CSEs, native, TV, wearables, apps, maps, review sites, “things,” and cars—often without having said or typed.
Keywords have always been the best way to determine intent. But, as we move beyond keywords, intent can still be derived from context:
Engage based on contextual inputs like time, device, geography , demographic, interests, behaviour & prior brand interaction—even if a keyword wasn’t used.
Today, we can reach well beyond the traditional search engine results pages.
3. Embracing the power of curation to foster ongoing relationships with consumers
Through curation, many brands have developed ongoing relationships with their customers, resulting in more sales:
- Leverage customer data—reviews, likes, clicks, conversions—to create curated landing page/content experiences.
- Seamlessly entwine your content into already curated spaces such as Pinterest Promoted Pins, and Yahoo! Native Ads.
- Partner with bloggers and other influencers who curate products for their audiences.