Gucci dresses and dropped air compressors - the daughters of Sex and The City want it all and they want it now.
Bauer Advertising Insight presents new research that demonstrates the huge value of teenage girls.
To look at the amount of money teenage girls spend and their purchasing habits.
Please check out the Insight section on emapadvertising.com for the What Happened to the Teenager? videos and full details of the presentations.
Bespoke Research Opportunities are avaliable.
Teenage girls have a significant amount of financial clout:
- Money in their pocket = £495 million
- Money spent on them = £3.1 billion
- Money spent under their guidance = £4.8 billion
Total Financial Clout - At least £8.4 billion a year
- She is shamelessly obsessed with looking good: 93% agree that looking good is important
- Technology for her should create dialogues not monologues: 87% of 10-12 year olds own a mobile phone and 96% amongst those 15-16
- 35% feel closer to mum than their best friend, 39% of mum's ask them for advice when buying clothes