Associate with the Champions of the sport through cross-platform sponsorship of the season's Championships.
The Trainers' Championships for both the Flat & Jumps record the competition to win most prize money in any one season, and both championships have been intently pursued by the protagonists recently, making a great media profile among the sport's players. The Flat Championship covers all Turf racing from April-November, the Jump Championship the 12 month period from end April - the Ultimate Celebration Meeting at Sandown in late April. Perpetual trophies exist already for each, but no prize fund for either; the championship is for the honour of peer recognition presently.
Key objectives will be to put the sponsor brand in front of TV viewers on multiple occasions each racing season, and to reward the champion and runners-up with a meaningful prize that records their achievement at the conclusion.
The rights package will comprise:
- naming rights to the championship and acknowledgement in all relevant literature
- a regular branded column in the sport's daily paper, drawing attention to the standings
- a Leading Trainer Award at key multi-day fixtures during each season (eg Cheltenham Festival and Aintree for Jumping), covered by Channel 4 TV
- exposure at each of these events
- opportunities to build experiential campaigns around this communications platform, or to sponsor an upcoming talent
- premium hospitality solutions
- data capture solutions
This is a newly devised property, and is a relatively low cost opportunity for a brand seeking to make an impact on horseracing within a relatively small budget.
This delivers a campaign within horseracing over a sustained period, offering name recognition, and multiple distribution channels for approaching the general public and TV viewer.
Many races take place each week in the calendar, some more recognized than others. There are very few campaigns that build a storyboard to their narrative, and this will allow stand out from competitors and other sponsors in the sport.
TV exposure, on-going media interest and the chance to get close to the sport with key stakeholders and clients deliver an all-encompassing racing experience.