"Colouring our nation for hundreds of years" the strapline for Crown, was the perfect match for Ch5's Great British Stories.
In 2019, Crown Paints started their relationship with Channel 5 where the sponsorship outperformed all Linear predictions, reaching 19.5million ABC1 adults and over 120K households on VOD. Crown Paints wanted to build off their impressive results from the previous year and decided to continue their work with Sky Media in 2020 - this time with two key objectives:
• Increase brand awareness and improve perceptions
• Improve consideration of Crown Paints
The content highlights the regions & landscapes of Great Britain & allowed Crown to cement themselves as a proud British brand. C5 offered Crown the scalability & flexibility they needed to be seen as a proudly British brand & to showcase the entire Crown range. With 3 different product brands we created a sponsorship package to reach a large audience in the right context, to increase brand awareness & to deliver one key message: Crown Paints has a variety of colours for different rooms for both indoors & outdoors to increase the brand perception & showcase the whole range.
The campaign was a simple, but effective one & outperformed against all Linear predictions!
• On Linear, we added an extra 125% in value for our TVR's against Adults & 112% for Adults OTS
• TV sponsorship reached an impressive 18.4m ABC1 Adults across the 8-month campaign, with VOD also reaching 311.14K homes
• My5 was the most popular VOD platform, with 2.55M impressions & reaching 199.32K households during the campaign
• Mid-campaign research showed that Crown had achieved their core objectives, & increased brand awareness (+35pp) & improved consideration (+12pp)