Sony Pictures used the ebay homepage takeover to drive 4.8 million video views for The Amazing Spider-Man 2 release
Sony Pictures wanted to drive awareness of the theatrical release of its latest blockbuster, The Amazing Spider-Man 2. The digital solution had to be able to connect engaged consumers to all digital promotions of the film, including trailers, competitions, ticket sales, games, pre-populated tweets and other social media content.
• Drive video views of The Amazing Spider-Man 2 trailers
• Deliver a large reach of engaged consumers on the opening day of release
• Ensure sustained awareness and interest in the fi lm amongst a highly targeted audience of Spider-Man fanatics
eBay's Native Pushdown (NPD) format was ideally suited to run compelling creative linked to multiple digital promotions. Pairing the NPD with autoplay video MPU's enabled the key objective of day of release video views to be delivered at scale. This was supported via ROS video MPU's targeting users with relevant shopping behaviours, directing them to a brand page featuring all promotions featured in the NPD.
The film studio achieved reach and awareness, combined with high dwell times for video views by running a one day homepage takeover (HPTO) supported with highly targeted impressions driving traffic to a dedicated brand page.
Campaign ran in two streams: A one day HPTO was supported with 12 days of video MPUs driving traffic to a dedicated brand page.
• 12.3m impressions delivered
• 3.2m UU's reached
• 4.8m video views
• 50% of videos viewed for 50% of full 19 second trailer
Check out similar case studies at: www2.ebayadvertising.com/uk/case-studies
• ROS MPU and NPD were most effective for high video dwell time, with the trailer being viewed for 71% completion on the ROS MPU and 63% for the NPD
• NPD and dedicated brand page drove engagement and interaction (peaking at 18% for the NPD)
"Through their NPD format we were able to dominate the eBay homepage and drive significant awareness of The Amazing Spider-Man 2. Delivering video views and lengthy dwell
time, eBay helped us to meet campaign objectives."
Joshua Heaton-Armstrong, Digital Marketing Manager, Sony Pictures Entertainment