Mercedes wanted to promote the new generation Mercedes Benz E-Class to younger target groups across eBay and gain new customers.
Mercedes wanted to promote the new generation Mercedes Benz E-Class to younger target groups across eBay and gain new customers for the brand.
To target younger drivers and recruit new customers.
Targeted display ads promoting the Mercedes Benz E-Class Experience were placed across eBay Motors. 10 eBay branded E-Class cars were reserved exclusively for eBay users in a competition to win the chance to drive one in the Paris to Peking Experience. A co-branded landing page was created where the eBay community can apply for a place on the Paris to Peking tour and promotional eBay newsletters, stories and a podcast on eBay Media enabled users to learn more about the car.
- More than 12 million members of the eBay community received campaign newsletters
- A huge amount of traffic was generated to the Mercedes Benz landing page through display ad click-throughs
- The campaign reached out to new, more youthful audiences and opened up new markets for Mercedes Benz
- Through data capture, applications for places on the Paris to Peking tour helped to create new avenues for promotional activity
- The Mercedes Benz and eBay brands experienced positive exposure through the partnership within the eBay community
"eBay is an ideal partner for us when it comes to targeting those internet users who are also interested in cars. Our web pages at eBay and mobile.de will be viewed by a large number of people, allowing us to show them how safe, dynamic, powerful and reliable the E-Class is."
Marc Frank, Head of Relationship Marketing, Mercedes-Benz Passenger Cars
Check out our similar case studies at: www2.ebayadvertising.com/uk/case-studies