How Pet Plan effectively reached pet-owning consumers and breeder target audiences in peer communities and at key events.
Pet Plan is the established brand leader in pet insurance but as a premium priced product it was suffering erosion of market share from newer, cheaper product offerings especially amongst 'new' first time policy buyers. The challenge was to halt share slide by introducing the brand to 'new' consumers to pet insurance and positioning it clearly as the authority in this market place. The brand's communication had become stale and it needed to reach out to engage existing and new audience and re-establish its credentials.
1. Establish brand saliency at key touch points within pet owner communities.
2. Generate buzz and word of mouth in these communities specifically and to the wider pet-owning consumer market.
3. Reinforce links with & support to the 'Breeder' community.
4. Generate new policy leads and enquiries.
160 Pet Plan branded car wraps nationwide with relevant targeted drive patterns. Active pet-owner drivers selected from comm-motion's bespoke database to deliver presence/visibility at all the major Champ & open dog shows across the country, impact at local ring craft and dog training classes and a range of other country fayres. Driver criteria also included minimum mileage @15,000 pa.
Drivers used as brand ambassadors - distributing puppy insurance offer incentive within their own communities and acting as agent to filter new lead/enquiries through to client.
1.GPS based metrics confirmed the wrapped cars were present for 1,474 'unit days' across all (35) major Champ shows on calendar.
2.Wrapped cars attended 970+ dog training class events UK-wide.
3.Driver online diaries show high engagement - ave. 5.2 unsolicited consumer approaches re Pet Plan (per wrap) per day.
4.Enquiries generated higher than all previous ad activity. £140,000 new policies directly attributed to wraps.
5.Approval ratings amongst breeders reversed 2 yr decline & rated 'best in market'.
6. Net Impacts @ 285,000 per ave. wrapped car per month.
1.The medium is capable of targeting a very specific audience with great efficiency and minimum wastage through a combination of driver profile/ lifestyle and drive patterns.
2.Careful identification & selection of most appropriate drivers is highly effective in generating positive word of mouth amongst the target audience.
3. Using consumers as an integral part of the comms channel is a big positive to the target audience who accept wrap drivers as informed and reliable sources of brand info. Engagement & interface with the campaign is therefore higher.