Get Set for Summer experiential campaign promoted London rail retailers using live shows, music & brand sampling opportunities
Having worked together on previous promotions at Waterloo and King's Cross Stations, Blackjack Promotions were selected by Network Rail to deliver a further promotional campaign at two London stations.
The Get Set for Summer events formed part of a wider retail strategy to:
1. Create stations as retail destinations in their own right.
2. Enhance passenger experience and satisfaction, through delivering promotional and experiential events.
• Increase station retailer brand and product range awareness.
• To interact with station users and encourage dwell time through entertainment & experiential activities;
• To advertise 'Get Set for summer' related products at the station;
• To increase footfall at the station at planned events;
• To encourage station users to explore and visit the participating retailer units;
• To drive sales with the participating retailers during the promotional period and to promote repeat custom;
Blackjack Promotions were delighted to provide Network Rail with a series of exciting experiential events to spread the spirit of summer amongst commuters and tourists across the capital.
The 'Get Set For Summer' campaign kicked off at London's Liverpool Street and Victoria Station hosting a colourful line-up of live retail shows, music and giveaways. Blackjack brand ambassadors were on hand to distribute goody bags with samples and money off vouchers from station retailers including Lush, Millies Cookies, Boots and Fitness first.
20,000 goody bags were distributed •
On day 1, Boots achieved a Year on Year sales increase of 20%
and on day 2 saw a 32% YOY increase.
710 match made consultations were carried out
and 125 bottles of foundation were sold in-store using the incentive vouchers.
• Millie's Cookies
saw an increase of £200 in revenue during 2 hours of free cookie sampling • The Fitness First website had an extra 10,000 hits during the week of the promotion in comparison to an average week.
The campaign was awarded a Bronze credential at the FMBE Award 2013.
This campaign proved that interrupting passenger journeys during peak travel times within a train station environment can work, as long as the experience and incentives are strong enough.
Results from station retailers proved that great levels of uplift in terms of sales are achievable with money off incentives.