Nationwide travel agency specializes in high-end cruise packages, encouraging consumers to call for a consultation
This nationwide travel agency specializes in high-end cruise packages. It traditionally drove sales with offline advertising and display ads on AOL® intended to encourage potential customers to call for a consultation. The company's competitive advantage is that each caller is assigned a local travel agent to find the right travel package best suited for that caller's interest. The agent is expected to build a longstanding relationship beyond the first sale.
- Identify leisure travellers and drive qualified traffic to the company site
- Encourage consumers to call for a consultation
- Re-message site visitors
- Leaderboard, medium rectangle and skyscraper ad units with a customized 800# in the creative and landing page
- Behaviourally target consumers who recently visited a travel site or read travel content
- A portion of the budget was allocated to Run of Category (ROC) media placements: Travel Sites
- Retarget all users who visited the site within the last 14 days
- Set automatic algorithmic optimization to shift impressions to the best performing placements, ad units and creative to minimize wasted impressions.
- ROC Results: Click Through Rate (CTR) 0.2% & Sales 329
- Behavioral Targeting Results: Click Through Rate (CTR) 0.35% & Sales 371
- Retargeting Results: Click Through Rate (CTR) 4.25% & Sales 1,216
Behaviourally targeted Travel Shoppers outperformed ROC Travel Sites by 75% in CTR, 12.7% in bookings, 11.2% in CPS and spent twice as much time on the site, viewing 33% more pages. Retargeted site visitors outperformed in all measurements, beating the client's CPS goal by 73.5% and providing 383% more bookings than ROC placements. Moreover, time spent on the client's site tripled while page views more than doubled compared with the ROC.