Virgin Holidays launched a new campaign Demand your Holidays and wanted to hit the key Urbanite Audience at the start of 2009
Virgin Holidays were launching a new campaign at the start of 2009 and wanted to target directly the 3m Metro urbanite audience when they were coming back from New Year and were starting to think about booking holidays to beat the winter blues.
- To launch the new campaign to Metro's 3m Urbanite audience on the first day of coming back to work.
- To build awareness of Virgin Holidays new deals and inspire consumers to start to plan their holidays with Virgin.
The Metro team worked with Virgin Holidays to create a mini take over of the Metro on January 5th the first Monday that everyone was going back to work. A mini takeover worked well for Virgin Holidays as it meant that a number of different messages could be communicated through the newspaper from the low cost deals, to the range of destinations and the additional services you get when you book through Virgin.
- The mini-takeover gave Virgin Holidays huge coverage and lots of points of contact with the readers as they went into work.
- The Mini Takeover was launched when people were coming back from their New Year break and frankly needed cheering up with some great and cost effective ideas for a holiday break.
- The timing of features is critical to the success of their standout and relevance.
- The flexibility of Metro to be able to cover a vast number of Urbanite consumers at a key time again demonstrated the power of the medium.