Kit Kat has found that mobile display advertising can increase brand awareness and recognition.
Kit Kat proved that mobile display ads were effective in raising awareness and recognition. Kit Kat conducted a research project to demonstrate the effectiveness of mobile advertising and is the only brand to achieve a significant increase in spontaneous brand awareness during the research.
Increase recognition and awareness through mobile activity.
- Pre and post methodology.
- Using mobile panel 600 people sent pre study.
- After approx 2 days they were sent to a mobile site and asked to look around, the ad was on the site they were directed to.
- After approx 2 days they were sent the post stage.
- Kit Kat had no other media activity at the time.
The results showed:
- The mobile ad drove spontaneous awareness - up 35%.
- Kit Kat was the only brand that saw significant changes to brand awareness in a period when they had no other media activity.
- People mentioning Kit Kat as the first confectionery brand they thought of increased 247%.
- Uplifts were seen across all demographics.
- When users enjoyed the site they were browsing they were 76% more likely to remember the ad
- Offering something of value and leveraging strong brands is key to encouraging engagement.
Kit Kat found that that were 5 steps for effective mobile advertising, which are:- Use mobile to raise awareness.
- Mobile advertising can be effective across all demographics, especially 18-34s.
- Brands and mobile internet sites should put the user experience first.
- Mobile display advertising needs a clear focus.
- Mobile is more effective when something of value offered.