A glittering and moving awards ceremony that celebrates the lives and achievements of 10 of Britain's most deserving children
The 33rd Woman's Own Children of Courage is a highly prestigious event, celebrating the bravery of British youth. Associated brands will have a unique opportunity to target 1.4 million readers’ hearts and minds. With a long editorial build up, a sponsor’s involvement will have longevity allowing for real penetration and development of association all the way up to the ceremony itself.
The 2005 awards were presented by the Duchess of Cornwall, Camilla Parker Bowels. Attendees ranged from the Prime Minister Tony Blair through to children’s favourites, Dick and Dom.
The Woman’s Own Children of Courage Awards are a unique opportunity to underline, or to raise awareness, of your brands support for the family.
Editorial coverage begins in June 2006, when Woman's Own commences the search for the children of courage for 2006. Readers are encouraged to write in with their recommendations, with the winners being portrayed weekly, leading up to the event. Editorial coverage is immense so there are many ways that a brand message could be integrated throughout this event. Although there is no branding permitted in Westminster Abbey itself, sponsorship potential can be discussed in more detail according to brand strategy.
This is the first year that a commercial partner will be involved.
Among the many are,
- An incredibly close relationship with Woman's Own and a high profile, highly positive and well thought off national event
- Front-of-mind brand positioning for the readers, over a potential a six-month period
- The opportunity for a brand to be held in the same high regard as Woman's Own by association to this event
- Potential to run "parallel events" for the advertiser involved
- Positive PR opportunities through editorial and event coverage both in magazine and outside the magazine.