Honda Insight uses local media to develop local credentials through association with local volunteering charity Do-it
The Honda Insight, first launched in the UK in spring 2009, is the most important hybrid car in the history of the company. Honda's belief is that 'everyone wants to be good', and as the most affordable hybrid car in the UK, the Insight is a real-world demonstration of this belief. The local media campaign for the Insight ran across a three month period and was designed to credibly associated Honda with a volunteering charity - Do It - providing people a chance to volunteer locally via an integrated mix of local newspapers and their websites.
To develop local credentials.
- 'Featurelink' editorial across 3 waves in over 150 key local newspapers.
- Advertising beneath each feature to drive traffic to each paper's website (ads were individually tailored with each paper's URL).
- 'Do It' website for local volunteering opportunities sat as a 'white label' micro site within each paper's own website - retaining the trust, integrity and local relevance of each individual local newspaper website.
- Supporting online advertising surrounding the micro site to build association and relevance.
- Local media is the source for all things local
- Local media provides a constant connection to what's going on via print and online
- Major brands can tap into the power of local media in its community
- Local media strategy is seen as both relevant and effective
Regional newspaper websites generated 70,000 Do-it searches
Major shift in perception of Honda Insight Pre vs Post:
Local media provides unrivalled reach into the UK's local communities.