In 2017 Teletext Holidays tasked Guerillascope with the planning, buying and optimisation of a new TV advertising campaign.
Prior to teaming up with Guerillascope, Teletext Holidays had only ever conducted a small test on TV. However, with a digitised landscape creating unprecedented levels of competition in the travel market, the iconic home of late holiday deals wanted to cut through the noise with a new turn-of-the year campaign that generated greater awareness of a new and improved Teletext Holidays brand.
Two key objectives needed to be met with the launch of the TV campaign:
1. Increase brand awareness;
2. Drive online bookings through the Teletext Holidays website.
Our proposal pivoted on a dual-pronged strategy consisting of TV spots and sponsorship idents. Initially leveraging the popularity of channels such as C4, Channel 5, ITV2 and E4 to elevate brand visibility, the client subsequently gave the green light to negotiate a year-long sponsorship package with Turner Classic Movies. This allowed the advertiser to communicate directly with adults further up the age spectrum; the likes of whom form a large part of the brand's customer-base. Clear CTAs within the ad creatives drew viewers to explore the company's deals online.
• By the end of the first month on air web visits had increased by 42% YoY.
• February went on to eclipse this with a YoY rise of 50%.
• Having featured prominently on the likes of C4, Channel 5, ITV2 and E4, the Teletext campaign was then voted the seventh-most memorable of the year by a poll of Travel Weekly readers.
• By month six our mid-flight optimisations had reduced the brand's Cost Per Lead by a huge 68%. We have maintained this ever since.
• In 2019, Guerillascope and Teletext Holidays won the Best Use of TV Advertising award at the Travel Marketing Awards.
"TV advertising's impact on the business has been extremely positive since the launch in Dec 2017. Despite being a very competitive time in the travel market, Teletext Holidays had its best January on record; & the success has been maintained as we continue to refine the strategy. Working on the TV campaign has been exciting & motivating for the whole team. Collaborating with Guerillascope is great; I have found the whole account team very knowledgeable - particularly around the optimisation of TV buying & very willing to go the extra mile to support us." Sarah Newton, MD