Think BIG... 2 young sailors in an around the world yacht race
Think SMART... opportunity to market your brand/product globally
This is an interesting opportunity to support young British talent as they set out to make history as the youngest crew ever to compete in the double handed Global Ocean Race.
Competing in a Class 40 yacht the pair will be taking in some of the roughest waters on the planet with the ultimate goal being not just to compete, but to win.
Covering approximately 30,000 nautical miles the crew will start in Mallorca, Spain and stop in Cape Town, South Africa; Wellington, New Zealand; Punta del Este, Uruguay; Charleston, USA and end in Mallorca.
Brand building amongst a uniquely powerful, highly prized, yacht racing demographic where the return on investment can be extraordinary.
Global product/brand recognition with 'on board' advertising.
Trial encouragement with functions held in each stop over port.
Brand/product association with an eco-friendly event.
Brand association with a charity which will create a permanent facility in each port to teach children life-skills through sailing.
By being involved with the active promotion of a sporting event across the Globe, not only would you allow your brand to be viewed in a positive light within the yacht racing demographic but you would also have the opportunity to associate your product with the encouragement of youth participation in sporting activities and promoting British talent within the sporting world.
Engaging a strategic PR campaign dedicated to raising the profile of JSsailing and maximising media potential for their sponsors will ensure the above mentioned is achieved.
Well known sponsors for sailing events include the following;
Hugo Boss -" In terms of value of their sponsorship in yachting, Till Pohlmann ( Head of sponsorship) reckons it delivers around 3 to 4 times their investment".
Volvo - 300-400% ROI (without a car even being sold), Aviva Insurance, Artemis The Profit Hunter, Roxy and the list goes on...
- Naming rights to the team
- Prominent branding on the boats structure and sails. Picture 'your' boat surfing downwind at 20knots and the first thing you will see is your logo on the sails, eye catching and memorable.
- Crew kit branding
- Participation in all key PR events both in the UK and abroad
- Corporate Experience days
- Client entertainment
- Team building sessions with motivational talks by athletes
- Personal endorsements by athletes
- Media package including images and film
- Extensive National and International media campaign, targeting T.V, radio and press