This idea is archived
Sponsor the Smithdown Road Festival
Provided by Smithdown Street Party
A free weekend of music, art and food in South Liverpool - attracting thousands of festival goers to the area.
Tell us about the Opportunity / What is it?
Smithdown Road Festival is a free annual festival held over the May Day Bank Holiday Weekend in South Liverpool, with events taking place at various bars and cafes in the area as well as an outdoor stage being held in a circus big top at Wavertree Park.
Over 120 bands are playing (a mixture of well known touring and local acts), as well as art installations and pop up galleries, theatre performances, stand up comedians and street food stalls. There is also a dedicated family friendly kids area.
What is the Marketing Objective?
Raising brand awareness, youth marketing, press and PR reach, and the opportunity to reach a large number of people to sample your products.
How does it work?
The festival runs from Saturday 30th April until Monday 2nd May, and offers wide scope for businesses to market themselves to a solid demographic of families, young professionals and students living in Liverpool.
All the events are entirely free entry, and so festival goers will expect to see a certain amount of advertising and sponsorship.
Who's used it in the past?
Past companies who have been involved in the festival include - Red Bull, Stonegate, Spirit Pubs Group, Lees Brewery and several local businesses. Last year's main sponsor was a collective of local student landlords (WASH) looking to market themselves to the students in the area, as Smithdown Road has a relatively high proportion of University students compared to other parts of the city.
Features / Benefits
• Brand association with high-quality event with large and growing audiences
• Association with an event marketed throughout the North West
• Promotion opportunities within the Festival's A5 full colour brochure, social media pages and video/poster promotions.
• Access to ABC1 audience
• Extensive range of bespoke packages tailored to your business
• Venue branding opportunities
• Opportunities for product launches and giveaways with Festival audiences
• Photography and opportunities to receive editorial and imagery for your business