Turner Media Innovations created a campaign to demonstrate the product with an online microsite & on-air webdrive.
Tomy wanted to make Battle Decks the number one hottest boy's toy for 2009 with a campaign which would not only generate sales across the range, but also demonstrate the product and introduce the consumer to a themed fantasy storyline. They were also looking for an element of the campaign to be a 20 second spot which could be repurposed throughout Europe. We created a campaign using our experience and insight into kids media which we feel will immerse kids deeper into the brand than a standard TV commercial would.
- Make Battle Deck the hottest Boys property in 2009
- Immerse kids deeper into the brand than a standard TV commercial
- Generate sales across the range
- Target Boys age 4-9
- Showcase the brand
- Demonstrate how you build the cars
- Introduce consumer to themed fantasy storyline
- Create tag to entice to a standalone website for exciting competition
For the UK market we made 1 x 20" spot and 1 x 30" webdrive for Cartoon Network plus a bespoke standalone website - www.battledeck.co.uk (to be used after the promotion had ended. The spots were created in a cool manga style way that introduced kids to the themed fantasty storyline. The spots were extended by 10" tag to add in the competition element and to act as a call to action driving kids online to play the 3 bespoke games against the clock to win cool prizes. The standalone microsite featuring product information, games, competition and team information..
- Absolute unique users - over 30,000
- Leaderboard click through rate - over 3.5%!
- Skyscraper click through rate - over 2%
- Amazing results for the online media with above average click through rates! (average 1%).
The commercial was re-scripted and voiced for the German and French markets. We liaised with the European agency contacts in both markets to ensure a smooth production process.
The standalone site was also revised for the German market.