Turner Media Innovations create 'It's Good To Be Bad', a new Batman Lego game microsite using TV to drive boys aged 7-13 online
Warner Bros wanted to make Batman Lego the must have game in September, just when its target audience are back at school and talking about the latest things. They also wanted to showcase the classic characters in a game suitable for kids and parents.
- To make Batman and Lego seem like a perfect match for a game
- Showcase the classic characters in a game suitable for kids and parents
- To target boys 7-13
- Make Batman Lego the must have game in September - target audience to be talking about it when they are back at school.
To bring to life the characters in the new Batman Lego Video Game we created a webdrive spot using footage from the game and introducing the goodies and baddies involved. To add more fun to the spot and engage kids further, footage of the online activities were included to get kids to go to CartoonNetwork.co.uk and join in the Batman crusade to win great prizes. The activity also included a sponsorship block to tie the promotion in closer with the channel and increase awareness of the new game.
- Competition Entries - over 1,200.
- Click through rate - over 3%.
- Unique Users in Oct - over 4,500 and in Nov - over 12,000.
- Average time spent on page - over 6 minutes.
- Game trailer views - over 10,500.
To add a new and exciting element to the campaign we created an animated button to appear within our most popular games on the Cartoon Network site.
When kids played the game the icon would appear about 10 seconds into game play clicking through to the microsite. The 'wanted' poster helped continue the theme of It's Good to be Bad' - kids were invited to help the baddies in catching Batman and Robin!