CASE STUDY: Kommando create brand experience campaign for IVECO
Provided by Kommando
B2B Experiential Marketing which took the form of an on the road event immersing UK truck drivers in the ORIGIN brand experience
What was the Challenge / Background of the Campaign?
Due to a rebranding to 'Origin' and strategic changes in customers service, IVECO Origins came to Kommando to create a brand experience campaign. The campaign centered around the main influencers in truck driving and the truck drivers themselves whilst at the same time creating brand stand-out from major UK competitors.
What was the Campaign Objective?
- To demonstrate to UK truck drivers the differentiation of IVECO customer service, after service and pre-service compared with other truck manufactuers
- To create a campaign sleek and innovative to mirror the slick operation and infrastructure ran by IVECO.
- Provide the opportunity for UK truck drivers to notice that IVECO is different
- Create a luxury brand experience where the UK truck driver could be pampered and given the opportunity to relax and immerse themselves in the IVECO experience.
- Through data capture generate 200 hot leads for new business sa
What was the Solution?
We devised a multi award winning campaign touring the UK's major service stations over a 4 week period. (ISP, FMBE and Marketing Star Awards)
A IVECO Truck and Trailer were modified to form a "luxury lounge" where the IVECO brand experience provided 3G internet access, plasma screen TVs, branded refreshments, massage chairs and a complimentary barber service.
A travelling team of IVECO ambassadors were used to provide a warm welcome, data capture and chat with potential new business leads.
Branded IVECO support vans were used to encourage traffic to the experience.
What were the Results?
Over 4,000 hot leads generated from the promotion for new business.
Massive campaign Impact with over 80,000 visitors to the promotion.
An Award winning campaign for Kommando at the Field Marketing and Brand Experience Awards for Most Innovative Campaign of the Year.
The creation of "Comfort Marketing" for IVECO which had never been done before.
Successful targetting of events tailored around a largely neglected but very important audience for IVECO - The UK Truck Driver.
What were the Key Learnings of this Campaign?
Proof in the strategic understanding of the truck manufacturer; that to gain competitive advantage is by talking and marketing to UK Truck drivers themselves, not only office based exectutives and fleet buyers. Proof in the success of the campaign was the number of positive new business leads and sales generated through UK truck drivers themselves.