CASE STUDY: Royal Mail make post easier on eBay
Provided by eBay
Royal Mail formed a partnership with eBay to create the eBay Postage Centre - the full guide to postage and packing on eBay.
What was the Challenge / Background of the Campaign?
Royal Mail formed a strategic partnership with eBay to create the eBay Postage Centre - the full guide to postage and packing on eBay. The aim of the partnership was to inform eBayers of the streamlined postage options available whilst raising brand perceptions and enhancing user experience within the site.
What was the Campaign Objective?
To inform eBayers of the streamlined postage options available.
What was the Solution?
- Targeted media placements across eBay including product listing pages and My eBay
- Strong Royal Mail and Parcelforce Worldwide presence in the eBay Postage Centre
- Added value services for the eBay community with discounted rates on selected Parcelforce Worldwide orders made through Pay Pal
- Featured as an eBay shipping partner in the eBay Partner Centre
- New service feature launched enabling users to print postage labels from home.
What were the Results?
The Royal Mail display ads received very high click-through rates to the eBay Postage Centre. Traffic increased significantly on the eBay Postage Centre pages and the campaign built up more positive user perceptions of the brand through easier shipping processes and the added value of discounted rates for the eBay community. The partnership also achieved increased trust from users through delivering a more efficient postage service and postage discounts raised the level of usage from the eBay community.
What were the Key Learnings of this Campaign?
"Our partnership with eBay helps sellers to deliver a great shipping experience to their buyers, which is good news for eBay, good news for Royal Mail and good news for the eBay community."
Mike Orchard, Royal Mail
Check out similar case studies at: www2.ebayadvertising.com/uk/case-studies