CASE STUDY: Lenevo influence eBay shoppers driving tablet sales
Provided by eBay
Highly targeted campaign for those in market for a laptop or tablet drove a 151% lift in sales to Lenovo's preferred retailers
What was the Challenge / Background of the Campaign?
Lenovo wanted to drive sales of their products within the eBay marketplace, specifically their 'Yoga' tablet.
Consumers in-market for a laptop as well as a tablet device were identified as an ideal target for the Lenovo Yoga due to the multi-mode work and entertainment capabilities the product excels in.
What was the Campaign Objective?
• Identify whether eBay can be used as a strong alternative distribution channel for Lenovo
• Improve sales through the existing Lenovo retailers on the eBay marketplace
• Reach a target audience of relevant consumers who exhibit clear behaviours for purchasing a laptop or tablet
• Illustrate positive consumer behaviours and perceptions against Lenovo's competitor set
What was the Solution?
At eBay we know that shopping for a laptop or tablet averages 10 days, so we delivered a rapid, high intensity retargeting campaign on individuals identified as exhibiting shopping behaviours for products which Lenovo sells.
Impressions were targeted on keywords and categories including laptops, PCs and tablets and drove consumers to a fully click-tracked Lenovo brand page. The dedicated branded content prompted shoppers to buy the Yoga tablet from Lenovo direct or two preferred retailers; Laptop Outlet and Save on Laptops.
What were the Results?
• Sales increased by 151% following the campaign
• 15% of all traffic to the dedicated Lenovo brand page converted into sales
• 61% of all converted traffic came from links below the fold, indicating true branded content engagement
• Recommendation for Lenovo increased from 11% (unexposed) to 32% (exposed and acted)
• Recall of the Lenovo advertising on eBay increased x3.5 for those exposed to the campaign
• Overall CTR of 0.19% peaking at 0.77% for consumers exhibiting laptop behaviours
Check out similar case studies at: www2.ebayadvertising.com/uk/case-studies
What were the Key Learnings of this Campaign?
• The campaign proved that eBay was a strong alternative sales channel for Lenovo
• eBay successfully reached those in-market for Lenovo's target market and minimised wastage
• The strategy of directing the target audience to branded content with a clear product description and links to but direct from Lenovo and its preferred partners was highly successful
• Campaign successfully influenced shoppers in-market for a tablet or laptop.
• Sales increased by 151% post-campaign
• Lenovo's revenues on eBay maintained even after strong Christmas sales